Friday, March 9, 2012

Disappointed

It has always been a dream of mine to be someone who reads stories and gives the writers' feed back.  I had heard about Project Team Beta and thought this was the answer!  Finally I could make my dream a reality.  I quickly filled out the application and sent it in. I waited with baited breath for them to send me the test that I needed to take to show that I was worthy. Two days later, they sent me the test.  I had to download new (to me) software to even get the options it said I needed to take it.  No problem, I know how to do this.  I downloaded the software.  Then I couldn't get the test to open in the newly installed software.  I am not the most  computer friendly person I know, (my husband programs computers, as well as building them and modifying electronic gadgets that he has to make them do what he wants).  I sent an e-mail to Project Team Beta asking if there was another version of the test that went with my spiffy new software.  I got my response tonight.  I rushed right in to the software and then the test.  Then I noticed that the instructions talked about an option in the software that I couldn't find.  I went to the home page for the software and scoured the FAQs for the answer I needed, had I gotten the wrong version?  Was there some radial button I needed to click?  What would take me where I needed to go?  There was nothing on their website about what I needed.  So, I then searched the internet, maybe someone else had had the same problem as I and someone else had answered them. Nope.  So I anxiously wrote another e-mail to Project Team Beta asking if they knew anything about why this option wasn't there, all the while still searching the software in case I had missed something.  I finally noticed something that looked promising.  I clicked on it and HALLELUJAH it was what I needed! Just called something else for some reason.  So, immediately started in on the test, making many trips to the Project Team Beta's grammar section of the website to confirm that the answers I was giving seemed correct.  Each example problem was a bit harder than the last, but I strained my brain the best I could.  then I made it to page 4 (there are 8 pages).  This sounds much better than it really was as the first two pages are instructions.  They stopped putting next to the questions.  Suddenly, I knew that my dream of being a beta reader, would have to stay that.  I am sure you can tell by my own writing that I am not the best person to be editing someone else's efforts.  Oh well.  Maybe I can lose 70 pounds and make Rob forget all about Kstew (does anyone else think that sounds like some kind of disease?)

1 comment:

  1. Hello my darling :) I was so hoping for the dream to come true for you!

    ReplyDelete