Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nerves

I am trying to get a new job.  I work in the medical field doing customer service and insurance billing.  One of the largest medical employers in the area is Kaiser.  My sister works there and I have been trying to get a job there for over a year.  My sister called my last week saying that I needed to fax her a copy of my resume' "right now", she knows someone who is hiring and she has told them about me.  I got so worked up I had trouble sleeping for two days after I sent it to her.  Then it was time to go to FOOOORRKKSS!  So I didn't think about it anymore.  Then, while in the holy land Forks, she calls me again and wants another copy.  Understand that I had called her every day before I left, more than once, and left voice mails asking if she needed another copy.  No response.  So I scrambled and worked out getting a copy to the person who needed it.  My sister told me that the hiring person would call me on Friday.  No call Friday.  No big prob, I was almost in my happy place (Edward wasn't there with me).  So I talked to my sister and she told me that I would most likely get a call on Monday (but I would be at work then ...). No call Monday.  I decided to just not worry about it, there would be other jobs.  So imagine my surprise yesterday when I got a call at about 2pm from the hiring manager at Kaiser. Who proceeded to do a short phone interview.  Who then tells me that he wants me to come in as soon as possible for customer service testing (?).  Now, I am totally nervous again. I got a call today to schedule the testing.  I go in tomorrow.  Wish me luck!  I will let all y'all know how it goes tomorrow!

3 comments: