Monday, October 17, 2011

remember me?

Hi Gang!

So, I know that I have been absent lately.  Sorry.  I wish I had an excuse other than that I am just plain lazy.  But, I don't .  I think part of not writing is also that I don't think anyone wants to hear about my boring life...but I'm sure all bloggers feel like that to some extent.
I had a job interview last week and was just sure, when I went in, that they were just gonna love me and be falling all over themselves to give me the job.  You know, demanding to know why they hadn't seen my resume long before and how had the company survived without me.  After the interview, I was sure that they were wondering what they had ever done to deserve having to interview me.  I was told that they would be done with the interview process in about a week and that they would let me know.  A week is tomorrow.  I have been trying to figure out how to get some kind of inside scoop since I left the interview (my sister works for the company, just on a different floor) so far, nothing has worked.  I hate waiting.  Patience has never been one of my more prominent virtues.
While I have been waiting so impatiently, I have joined a swim team.  I used to swim competitively (okay, 20 years ago, so what) when I was younger and it was something I always (mostly) enjoyed.  I need a way to lose some weight and most exercise makes me feel stupid.  (Maxine said it best "Exercise is natures way of making you look like a dufus.") Today however, I felt so out of place when we were swimming under water from one end of the pool to the other (except for those small breaks for breathing)  when everyone else was gliding along under the water, I just kept popping up to the top.  Can you guess why?  That's right class, my fat butt and front floaters (most people call them boobs, but mine are apparently water safety devices)!  I just kept floating.  I didn't know what to do other than just smile at the lane full of thin guys I was swimming with. (oh, and wishing myself in a dark room somewhere)  Oh, well, I plan on keeping with it so maybe I will eventually get some muscles.
Good night everybody, see ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. I commented with encouragement the same day as this post, but my stupid phone ate the comment.

    Anyway. Glad to see you are trying to get in better shape. I seriously need to do that. It's really hard to do, but pays off in feeling better.

    ReplyDelete